This climate+ package assumes the average Canadian drives 15,200km per year. We've got places to go, and people to see. We challenge you to take your bike once a week.
What Does climate+ Mean?
How Can We Do Better?
- •Turning your thermostat down by 2 degrees.
- •Wearing clothes more than once before washing them.
- •Bike, walk or ride the bus to work!
- •Switch over to LED bulbs and smart appliances.
- •Try buying local, seasonal fruits and vegetables.
- •Use waxed cloth instead of plastic wrap for food.
- •Remember your reusable bags, mugs and cutlery for all outings.
The Impact Of Trees
What Does Offsetting Mean To tentree?
Where Do We Plant Your Trees?
This climate+ package assumes the average Canadian drives 15,200km per year. We’ve got places to go, and people to see. We challenge you to take your bike once a week.
The average car uses about 404 grams of CO2 per mile. To translate from miles to kilometres, we divide miles by 1.609, and simultaneously divide grams by 1.609. This means the average car uses about 251 grams of CO2 per kilometer.
(divide by1.609) 1: 404grams (divide by 1.609)
Then we multiply 251 grams of CO2/kilometer by 15,200 kilometres to see how many grams of CO2 are used per year.
251 grams of CO2 / kilometer x 15,200 km = 3,815,200 grams of CO2 per year
In order to change grams to metric tons, we multiply grams by 10^-6 (0.000001). Once we do this we get 3.815 metric tons of CO2 per year.
3,815,200g CO2 x 0.000001 = 3.815 MT CO2
Link - Car Emissions - https://www.epa.gov/greenvehicles/greenhouse-gas-emissions-typical-passenger-vehicle
Link - Mileage of Canadians - https://www.ahainsurance.ca/car-insurance/average-mileage-per-year-canada/