Boreal forests make up 1/3 of the earth's forests; there are so many of these trees that global CO2 levels drop in the seasons they grow the most. Planting boreal trees helps protect local wildlife, maintain biodiversity, and build resilience against harmful weather conditions or insect infestations.
What Does climate+ Mean?
How Can We Do Better?
- •Turning your thermostat down by 2 degrees.
- •Wearing clothes more than once before washing them.
- •Bike, walk or ride the bus to work!
- •Switch over to LED bulbs and smart appliances.
- •Try buying local, seasonal fruits and vegetables.
- •Use waxed cloth instead of plastic wrap for food.
- •Remember your reusable bags, mugs and cutlery for all outings.