Offset your relaxation/exfoliation/meditation/whatever-ation time in the shower. This climate+ package assumes the average person showers an extra 7 minutes a day over the course of 7 years. We know it's relaxing, but our planet asks you to relax on the couch.
What Does climate+ Mean?
How Can We Do Better?
- •Turning your thermostat down by 2 degrees.
- •Wearing clothes more than once before washing them.
- •Bike, walk or ride the bus to work!
- •Switch over to LED bulbs and smart appliances.
- •Try buying local, seasonal fruits and vegetables.
- •Use waxed cloth instead of plastic wrap for food.
- •Remember your reusable bags, mugs and cutlery for all outings.
The Impact Of Trees
What Does Offsetting Mean To tentree?
Where Do We Plant Your Trees?
This climate+ package assumes the average person showers an extra 7 minutes everyday over seven years. We know it’s relaxing, but our planet asks you to relax on the couch.
Every minute of showering uses 0.45 CO2 lbs. This means that an extra 7 minutes of showering would emit 3.15 CO2 lbs. 0.45 CO2 lbs per minute x 7 = 3.15 CO2 LBSAssuming a person showers an extra 7 minutes everyday, we multiply 3.15 CO2 lbs by 365 to see the amount of CO2 per year. 3.15 CO2 lbs x 365 = 1,149.75 CO2 lbs per month To change from CO2 lbs to metric tons we multiply 1,149.75 CO2 lbs by the conversion factor .0005. This gives us 0.5748 metric tons per year. 1,149.75 CO2 lbs x 0.0005 = 0.574875 metric tons per year This means over 7 years the average person would emit 0.574875 metric tons per year x 7 years = 4.024 MT CO2